Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Visit

My parents came to Washington DC to visit for Columbus Day weekend. My dad just retired at the end of September, so it was also sort of a celebration trip. They were able to stay at the seminary in our upstairs guest rooms. It was so great to have them come and stay with me.

On Saturday, we toured the Mt. Vernon Mansion and Grounds (Home of President George Washington).In addition, we went on the National Treasure Tour. We found out that the tunnel was the creation of "Hollywood." We were able to go into the basement and see where the inspiration for the movie came from. (I won'tspoil it in case you decide to come and visit me!!)

On Sunday, we visited the Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land, which is about a mile from my seminary. They feature replicas of many altars and churches that can be seen in the Holy Land. In fact, one set of steps leading to statues of the crucifixion are the actual height of Mt. Calvary. The Harris' found that very cool!! We also walked through the National Cathedral.

It was so great for my folks to visit and see where I go to school and how we live in the seminary. It was such a blessing. Now I have some homework to do to catch up, but it was worth it.

No comments: