Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Transitions...

Happy New Year!

I am the temporary fill-in for our regular correspondent, Jason Harris, who has done a great job with this blog over the past few months. Next up after my brief assignment will be Peter Bucalo, a brother seminarian and a second year theologian at Saint Meinrad.

Having graduated from Sacred Heart School of Theology in early December, I transitioned back home and began an assignment with Holy Trinity parish in Louisville. It was and is great to be back with the Holy Trinity community, always full of vibrancy, joy and commitment.

Most certainly, the biggest news, at least for me, is my ordination to the priesthood which is planned for Saturday, February 2 at 11am at Holy Trinity. The next day I will be celebrating my first Mass of Thanksgiving (also at 11am at Holy Trinity).

To say that it has been an exciting time for me, in this period prior to ordination, would be an understatement. The exceptional efforts of the Holy Trinity parish staff team along with the Archdiocese’s Office of Worship have meant that I have not concerned myself with the details of the event, but “only” with trying to prepare for priestly ministry as much as that is possible. Prayer as well as continued service as a deacon has been the two pillars upon which my preparation has been built. And, as I have engaged in events and activities at Holy Trinity since graduation, I am reminded of the importance of as well as the challenges confronting ordained ministers. More on that topic in next week’s update!

Please know of my continued prayers for you.

Peace,
Deacon Steven Henriksen





No comments: