Monday, November 19, 2012

This Place Runs on Faith...

For several weeks, a constant theme has been running through my head that I need to share after hearing the Saturday Nov 10 reading from St. Paul Addressed to the Philippians. The entire reading was Philippians 4: 10-19, but in particular here are the verses 16 and 17 that most resonated with my thoughts and reminded me of you:

“For even when I was at Thessalonica you sent me something for my needs, not only once but more than once. It is not that I am eager for the gift; rather, I am eager for the profit that accrues to your account.”

Because of your generosity and faith, my seminary is able to operate and function. Because of your faith, I am able to go to school, purchase books, and put gas in my car. Because of your conviction, me and all of my seminarian brothers are able to be well fed, turn on the lights, live in a place of prayer, reflection, and learning.

This seminary and every seminary we use runs on the faith of you, the People of God in the Archdiocese of Louisville. I am so thankful for that faith. I am so humbled by that faith you show which inspires me to grow more in holiness and faith. It gives me the strength and encouragement to continue on this journey that you and the LORD have entrusted in me.

From Philipians 4:18:

“I have received full payment and I abound. I am very well supplied because of what I received from you through Epaphroditus, ‘a fragrant aroma,’ an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.

I think that I can speak on behalf of all the Louisville Seminarians in saying that we are so Thankful for each one of you, for your prayers, kindness, and generosity. I thank God for the great gifts HE continues to bestows on each of us. May we continue to use the Gifts of God for the Glory of His Kingdom and the help of His children. Amen.



No comments: